Environmental Technologies & Services
International Tidal Energy Summit awards Bristol tidal energy developers
The new 'Bristol Gateway for ocean energy technology' brochure, produced by Invest in Bristol and Regen SW, includes contributions from companies such as Marine Current Turbines, Tidal Generation Ltd, GL Garrad Hassan and Vestas Spare Parts & Repair.
It was launched at the International Tidal Energy Summit & Awards in London on 22nd November at which Tidal Generation Ltd won the 'Tidal Energy Competitiveness 2011' Award with the 'Tidal Energy Lifetime Achievement Award' going to Martin Wright, Founder of Marine Current Turbines.
The DECC Deputy Head of Offshore Renewables, Trevor Raggatt, also spoke on DECC policy and funding for marine energy development and deployment, and included a mention of the South West and the Highlands & Islands as pilot areas for regional 'marine energy parks'.
Bristol-Hannover Green Energy Summit
10 June - The Bristol Hotel
Welcome to the web page for the Summit - for the latest information and documents after the event.
Programme and papers
Summit documentations / resources
Presentations - Plenary & Workshops
- Bristol's Energy Plans - Cllr Barbara Janke
- Stephan Weil Lord Mayor of Hannover - The Renaissance of Municipal Energy Structures in Germany and their Importance for a Low Carbon Energy Supply (using Hannover as Case Study)
- Outcomes of government funding for innovations in refurbishment and new build - Dr. Fionnuala Costello
- Lessons from the EU CONCERTO programme - Astrid Hoffmann-Kallen
- Passive-House-Standards, District Heating and Cost-Efficiency and Marienwerder Case Study
Energy Efficiency in New Buildings and Low Carbon Retrofit
- Possibilities of Retrofitting Cultural Heritage Buildings
- Environment Agency, case study in integration of efficiency and micro-renewables in new buildings
- Putting buildings into reHAB & building with carbon
- Nick Harris Power, Voltage Power Optimisation (VPO)
- Sustainable energy systems to save money and protect the environment
Solar Photo Voltaic Cells
District Heating and Biomass Technologies
- Tony Norton, Centre for Energy and Environment, University of Exeter, 'Cranbrook: a Pathfinder for District Heating & Biomass Innovation in SW
- Dirk Goeman, Emission Partner, 'Catalyst Solutions'
- Rumen based process for the sustainable production of biogas
Wind Energy - Emerging Technologies
- UK Offshore Renewables Overview
- Christian Keindorf, SKI Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, 'Offshore Foundations with Grouted Connections'
- Holger Giebel, TimberTower GmbH, 'Timber Structures for On & Offshore'
- Chris Williams (Goodridge Environmental) - Forgen products for remote, off-grid applications
Knowle West Media Centre
EU Initiatives / Programmes
- Workshop Groups
- UK Technology Strategy Board - Low Impact Buildings Innovation Platform
- Intelligent Energy Europe (including SAVE; ALTENER; STEER; Integrated Initiatives)
- CONCERTO Cities (including Hannover)
- Covenant of Mayors (Hannover and Bristol are among 2,689 signatories) - commitment to local sustainable energy
- ELENA (European Local Energy Assistance)
- ERACOBUILD (strategic networking of Research Development and Innovation programmes in the construction and operation of buildings)
- European Research Council - 'Proof of Concept' Call June-Nov 2011
Background Information on Hannover
- General data on the city and region
- Economy and industries
- Climate Change policies and Climate Protection Alliance 2020
Background information on Bristol
Sponsors and supporters
- South West Environmental iNet
- Invest in Bristol
- Hannoverimpuls - Energy Solutions
- UK Trade & Investment SW
- Low Carbon SW incorporating BETS
Bristol’s place as a leading green city and a magnet for low carbon investment has been further reinforced with the news that international wind turbine company Vestas Spare Parts & Repair has moved to the city - creating 20 new jobs.
Siemens Energy has acquired a minority stake in Bristol-based Marine Current Turbines, a pioneer in the design and development of tidal current energy turbines and developers of SeaGen - the world’s only commercially operational tidal turbine.
Companies located in South Bristol include Bristol Water plc, supplier of drinking water to the city since 1846 and consistently one of the best performing in UK, and Horstmann Controls, designer and manufacturer of energy control products.
Please contact the Marketing Investment and Enterprise Team of Bristol City Council for further information on sectors.
Tel: +44(0) 117 92 22928
Low Carbon South West:
Invest West - Environmental Technologies: www.investwest.org/environmental_tech.shtml
SW Environmental iNet: http://www.inets-sw.co.uk/environment.aspx
South West Regional Development Agency - Environmental Technologies: www.southwestrda.org.uk/sectors/et/
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs- Environmental Technologies: www.defra.gov.uk/environment/business/envtech/